Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 15th April 2008, 03:43 PM
synap6 Offline

Unhappy fedora 8 black screen

Greetings to all from Paris,

I am nearly newby as a Fedora user although i have been checking its tremendous improvements since fedora3 .
The very beginning started with fedora 7 that i use currently due to the ntfs-3g function, i appreciate very much.
Now we are about to switch to fedora 9 and i am still asking why all the fedora 8 dvd iso i try to install, failed regardless of my various attempts. Let me make myself plain.
After burning an iso distribution which passed successfully the test everything runs fine until the point where i am asked to enter the ID and password i have just cleanly created. The all thing ends up in a black screen with nothing else to do than rebooting and facing a definitive freezing with the display of an hexadecimal number that i can't figure out..
The fact occurs no matter i try to update or make a new install.
Since i have never faced such a thing with Fedora 7, i considered a compatibility hardware problem perhaps due to the asus p5b motherboard or the ati based video i used.

If ever someone knows or has an idea of what going on, please let me know before i give up with Fedora.
Trully yours,
John
Old 15th April 2008, 03:58 PM
thunderogg Offline

Have you tried the re-spin with the latest updates?
You'll find the latest here: http://fedoraunity.org/fedora-8-re-s...80331-released
Asus P8Z68-V, Intel Core i7 2600K, 16GB Geil DDR 1600v, 120 GB SSD Intel 520, 120 GB OCZ Vertex3, 1TB ST1000DM003, Nvidia GTX 650, SyncMaster SA300B, Logitech Illuminate Keyboard, Kensington Expert Mouse.
Old 15th April 2008, 06:23 PM
Nokia Offline

It would be very helpful if you could take a picture of the error and post it here.

SELinux User Guide

AutoPager

Tags
black, fedora, screen