Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 8th April 2008, 02:15 PM
majikthise Offline

Question CPU specific code on Graphics Cards

Hi,
I want to know if graphics cards contain cpu specific initialization code. I remember 3dfx cards had there own bios and wondered if this is was common across other brands of graphics card.

The main reason for my query is that I would like to upgrade a G4 Mac with an AGP slot to a better card than the ATI Rage Pro 128 , and install fedora on it.

I have a few AGP cards, ideally a matrox millenium G400 would suit my requirement as it's dual-head.
Plus I have a few G200s and couple of 3dfx cards lying around.

Please feel free to give suggestions about which version of 32bit PPC fedora would be suitable for a 500MHz machine with 512megs of ram.

Majikthise

Tags
cards, code, cpu, graphics, specific

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On