Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 8th April 2008, 09:09 AM
JKoder Offline

Question Fedora 9 Beta

Hello everyone.
I would like to ask you a question, it may sound stupid .
What do you advise me:
- i would like to download the beta release and install it on my laptop
Now does it worth it ? i mean will it be the same as the final release if i update constantly ?
or the os will grow to much ?
Please let me know.
i would like to get rid os my Vista os ASAP !!!
Thank you !
Old 8th April 2008, 09:45 AM
Demz

no point downloading the Beta,, the Preview will be out in a few days time.. wait for that an then upgrade to the Release Candidate to the Final
Old 8th April 2008, 10:37 AM
LordMorgul Offline

If you want to do a network install you can go ahead and do that now, most days rawhide installs fine in the last few weeks, but be warned its not a 'sure thing' for your hardware. Some machines it won't install on every day. You should not start with the Beta unless you're very comfortable working with Fedora rawhide because there are a number of critical bugs that you will get stuck on -- they are fixed but the Beta install gives you some big bugs you have to get updated right away.

Either do network, or wait for the preview as suggested.

No one now has, and no one will ever again get, the big picture. - Daniel Geer
Old 8th April 2008, 10:40 AM
JKoder Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMorgul
If you want to do a network install you can go ahead and do that now, most days rawhide installs fine in the last few weeks, but be warned its not a 'sure thing' for your hardware. Some machines it won't install on every day. You should not start with the Beta unless you're very comfortable working with Fedora rawhide because there are a number of critical bugs that you will get stuck on -- they are fixed but the Beta install gives you some big bugs you have to get updated right away.

Either do network, or wait for the preview as suggested.
Thank you All
Old 8th April 2008, 10:46 AM
leigh123linux Online
Retired Administrator

Don't bother with the Beta ( its full of bugs ) , use the Rawhide snapshot instead !!!

http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/

https://badges.fedoraproject.org/user/leigh123linux
Old 8th April 2008, 11:43 AM
Demz

wouldnt bother downloading snapshot now.. why do that when Preveiw will be out on the 10th
Old 8th April 2008, 12:22 PM
leigh123linux Online
Retired Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demz
wouldnt bother downloading snapshot now.. why do that when Preveiw will be out on the 10th

What's the point of waiting for the preview ( the preview is just another snapshot of Rawhide !!) .

https://badges.fedoraproject.org/user/leigh123linux
Old 8th April 2008, 12:44 PM
Demz

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh123@linux
What's the point of waiting for the preview ( the preview is just another snapshot of Rawhide !!) .
true there Leigh but some of us prefer to save our Bandwidth

Tags
beta, fedora