I'm trying to make use of the kickstart facility but can't get it working.
Whatever I try the kickstart procedure ends in a failure on pykickstart/method.py at line 81 op.parse_args( args=args)
What I did:
- installed a basic system (using a DVD containing a downloaded FC8 dvd ISO distribution)
- copied the generated /root/anaconda-ks.cfg file to myks.cfg
- added %pre and %post scripting
- moved myks.cfg to a http site
- started the computer pointing to the kickstart file
- everything looks fine and I can see it's successfuly finishing the %pre script
- then it ends with a failure and stops
I've tried all kind of things and even when I use the original unmodified ks file which was generated during the system installation exactly the same happens. (using exactly the same harware config)
Tried to define another and very basic partitioning but the same keeps happening.
Somebody any idea what's going on here...