Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 29th March 2008, 04:26 AM
suomaf Offline

Hp K7100

Hello All,

I am using Fedora 7 and have tried to install the HP Officejet K7100 using Cups. It all works ok when printing on A4. Colors is ok as well. The problem tho is that I used a different .ppd file foomatic-HP-Office_K80xihpijs.ppd. I cannot print in A3 at all which kind of defeats the purpose of buying this printer. Does anyone have any idea where i can download the K7100 ppd file?

Any help would be appreciated.

Suomaf
Old 29th March 2008, 09:06 AM
suomaf Offline

Hello All,

I installed the Hplips and finally got the ppd file and it prints fine. But I still cannot get A3. Should I just install the printer onto mircosoft windows and call it a day? Only reason I got this printer was to get A3 printing... sigh..

Suo
Old 6th April 2008, 10:54 AM
suomaf Offline

Hey all,

Is there any cups or hplips gurus out there that can help? Kinda desperately need to print A3 from Linux.

Suo
Old 8th April 2008, 01:57 PM
suomaf Offline

Anyone can help a brother out here. What I need is to be able to create either a custom size or be able to print A3 on HP K7100.

Much appreciated thanks
Suo
Old 8th April 2008, 02:56 PM
suomaf Offline

Okie.. never mind.. i got it.. I hacked the PPD file and I am uploading that file in the next post. After I added all the places with A3 and its options. A3 appeared in the CUPS menu. I am now able to print in A3. Hope someone else can benefit from my experience.
Old 8th April 2008, 03:01 PM
suomaf Offline

What you do is remove the .txt from the file extension and then when you are choosing the ppd file..just use this one. I am not sure if the syntax or everything is working but I can print A3 from Inkscape and thats all I wanted. Viva La Fedora
Attached Files
File Type: txt hp-officejet_7100_series-hpijs.ppd.txt (20.0 KB, 725 views)

Tags
k7100