Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Other Versions > EOL (End Of Life) Versions
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

EOL (End Of Life) Versions This is a Forum to discuss problems and workarounds for versions of Fedora that have passed End of Life.

Old 21st June 2004, 02:37 PM
omogunkristi Offline

Question How can I boot either one of my hard drives /dev/hda or /dev/hdb, I have RH9 and FC2

Goodday,
I installed Red Hat 9.0 (RH9) on /dev/hda and Fedora core 2 (FC2) on
/dev/hdb.

Now I can't get to RH9 via GRUB. I can only boot FC2. I would like to be able to choose RH9 or FC2 from GRUB. How should I proceed.

Thanks,
Omogunkristi
Old 21st June 2004, 02:52 PM
zulaica Offline

so am i correct in assuming that fc2's grub overwrote rh9's grub on hda? if that's the case, mount hda in your fc2 install, find /boot/grub/menu.lst (in your rh9 install), then copy/paste the entry for rh9 into the /boot/grub/menu.lst in your fc2 install.

that should do it.

Tags
boot, drives, fc2, hard, or dev or hda, or dev or hdb, rh9