Q. Will creating new volume group and logical volume destroy data?
A. I guess not, since we're not making any changes at block level or creating a new file system.
But as I said before, I'll not be responsible for any data loss.
So here's how to go about it.
1. vgcreate volume_group_name /dev/sdb2
2. vgdisplay -v volume_group_name
3. lvcreate -nlogical_volume2 volume_group_name
4. lvdisplay -v logical_volume2
5. mount /dev/volume_group_name/logical_volume2 /mnt/lv2
Edit: Replace volume_group_name with your favourite volume group name