Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 15th February 2008, 02:58 PM
lrsas2 Offline

firefox and flash not working anymore

It used to work fine. I have a Thinkpad T60 with Fedora 8 with all the latest updates, and sometime in January, flash stopped working in firefox. No errors or other strange message.

I've tried to uninstall firefox and flash and reinstall but the same things happens-no flash.

It happened when firefox was at version 2.0.0.10, but since firefox has been upgraded to 2.0.0.12 it still happens. I believe flash is at version 9, but I'm not sure what subversion.

I have installed a virgin copy of fiefox directly from mozilla along with a direct from Adobe flash (9.60) and that works just fine, it's the versions that are installed from fedora that doesn't work.

Could I have a corrupted library? Some dangling old config file that needs to be removed? I'm stumped, any ideas???

As a side issue, perhaps related, the Menu Item Help->About Mozilla does not do anything with the fedora installed firefox. It works as expected (info window) with the virgin insall but not the fedora install??

Thanks,
Larry

Tags
anymore, firefox, flash, working

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search