Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 9th February 2008, 02:34 PM
SpectrumDT Offline

KDE: How to change Konqueror default settings?

Hello.

I am currently running KDE, and I have the following question: How do I set up the default settings for the Konqueror browser? Specifically, when I click the Konqueror short cut on my "start bar" (or whatever it's called), I want it to open with these settings:

1. Starting in my home directory.
2. Displaying the navigation panel.
3. Showing files in detailed list view.

I have looked through the "Configure Konqueror" settings, but I have not been able to solve it yet. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.
Old 9th February 2008, 02:50 PM
Hlingler Offline
Administrator

Hello:

(1) Not sure what you mean here - the panel (with the clock, system tray, etc.), or the KMenu (with submenus and all the programs)?
(2) The metabar/sidebar should be there if it was open the last time you closed Konqueror; see next item;
(3) Get the detailed list view and everything else arranged as you like, then: Konqueror=>Settings=>Save View Profile "File Management"; saves settings only for you (current user), not everyone else.

Regards,
V
Old 9th February 2008, 02:59 PM
SpectrumDT Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlingler
(3) Get the detailed list view and everything else arranged as you like, then: Konqueror=>Settings=>Save View Profile "File Management"; saves settings only for you (current user), not everyone else.
Yes, this works. Thank you.

EDIT: Another thing with Konqueror. When I set it to "show hidden files", the navigation panel does not follow suit. It still won't show them. Which makes it difficult to browse around inside a hidden folder. Is there a way I can make the navigation panel follow suit and show hidden files whenever the main window does?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by SpectrumDT; 9th February 2008 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Added another question
Old 9th February 2008, 02:59 PM
Hlingler Offline
Administrator

OK:

(1) "Starting in my home directory"; when you hit "Save View Profile...", make sure that you are in your home directory, and click the little box that says "Save URL in Profile".

V
Old 9th February 2008, 03:36 PM
Hlingler Offline
Administrator

I know of no way to make the navigation sidebar display any files at all - it just shows folders, and not even hidden folders. There probably is a way, if you care to spend the time researching how to do it....

EDIT: Well, that search was extremely short and easy: No, but go to https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7776 and vote on the bug/feature request to have this feature added. Lots of luck, it's been open for eight years....

Last edited by Hlingler; 9th February 2008 at 03:45 PM. Reason: new info
Old 9th February 2008, 08:07 PM
SpectrumDT Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlingler
I know of no way to make the navigation sidebar display any files at all - it just shows folders, and not even hidden folders. There probably is a way, if you care to spend the time researching how to do it....

EDIT: Well, that search was extremely short and easy: No, but go to https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7776 and vote on the bug/feature request to have this feature added. Lots of luck, it's been open for eight years....
Thanks. I did.

Tags
change, default, kde, konqueror, settings