<---- template headericclude ----->
virt-manager won't start
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    symmetry Guest

virt-manager won't start

I am trying to launch virt-manager and it will not start due to the following error:

virt-manager --no-fork
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 304, in <module>
    main()
    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager.py", line 249, in main
    gtk.window_set_default_icon_from_file(icon_dir + "/" + appname + "-icon.svg")
    gobject.GError: Couldn't recognize the image file format for file '/usr/share/virt-manager/pixmaps/virt-manager-icon.svg'

I am trying to make my system as lean as possible and I may not have installed a dependency for SVG support. Can anyone tell me what package to install to support SVG format.

About the only thing I left out was OpenOffice which I will not use on a server.

symmetry Guest

Talking re:virt-manager won't start

OK after searching I finally found a related problem that had a solution that solved this problem. Just in case anyone else has a similar issue within another program here is how I resolved this problem.

Apparently the 'svg' support was not found in 'gdk-pixbuf.loaders' file and as a result was not supported. This caused the error that I was seeing when I tried to launch virt-manager since it had an 'svg' icon that could not be displayed.

To resolve the problem and re-create the 'gdk-pixbuf.loaders' file I ran the following commands:

/usr/bin/gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders-64 > /etc/gtk-2.0/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf.loaders

and

/usr/bin/gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders-32 > /etc/gtk-2.0/i386-redhat-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf.loaders

Once this was done everything worked fine.