Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 28th January 2008, 10:20 AM
leadgolem Offline

Various things I have packaged, with help.:)

This thread serves 2 purposes.
1. To help inform people of what packages are available that are not in any repo.
2. It will serve as a reference so I don't waste my time trying to repackage something I've already done.

root-sh
Uses consolehelper to provide graphical login for root scripts, via /usr/bin/root-sh -c "any command".
Micropolis
File name truncated by filefront, it should be micropolis-0.svn021708-1.fc8.src.rpm
micropolis.x86_64
Micropolis, Unix Version. This game was released for the Unix platform in or about 1990 and has been modified for inclusion in the One Laptop Per Child program. Copyright (C) 1989 - 2007 Electronic Arts Inc.
gimp-normalmap
This is a plugin for GIMP versions 2.0.x. It allows you to
convert images into RGB normal maps for use in per-pixel lighting
applications. The goal is to completely clone NVIDIA's Photoshop
plugin, with a few new useful features.
hdl_dump
CLI utility to interacting with Playstation 2 formatted harddrives.
esg_dump
A bash script that provides graphical input for hdl_dump.
gimp-plugin-dds-2.0.6
gimp-plugin-dds-2.0.6-1.fc9.x86_64
Plugin allowing to load and save images in Direct Draw Surface (DDS) format.
scourge
scourge-0.21.1-1.x86_64.rpm
scourge-0.21.1-1.i386.rpm
S.C.O.U.R.G.E. is a rogue-like game in the fine tradition of NetHack and Moria It sports a graphical front-end, similar to glHack or the Falcon's eye. I tried to design the 3D UI as a best of both worlds from old to new: It lets you rotate the view, zoom in/out, view special effects, etc. On the other hand I've always liked the old-school isometric games like Exult or Woodward.
scourge_data
scourge_data-0.21.1-1.noarch.rpm
Data files for scourge
If you have more to post that you have made, then feel free to do so.

Last edited by leadgolem; 31st December 2008 at 02:01 AM.
Old 30th January 2008, 05:06 AM
leadgolem Offline

Kompozer
Kompozer.x86_64
Kompozer is a complete Web authoring system that combines web file
management and easy-to-use WYSIWYG web page editing. Kompozer is
designed to be extremely easy to use, making it ideal for
non-technical computer users who want to create an attractive,
professional-looking web site without needing to know HTML or web
coding.

Kompozer is an unofficial continuation of nvu, which was apparently
abandoned in 2005.

Last edited by leadgolem; 3rd April 2008 at 04:49 AM.
Old 31st January 2008, 07:35 PM
BandC Offline

Cool. Thanks.

Do you like surfing forums but wish people would stop using obscure abbreviations and acronyms?
Then my Firefox/Chrome extension ABBREX is for you!
It automatically adds hover tooltips to abbreviations displaying their meanings on any web page you visit!

Check it out at: http://abbrex.com
Old 18th February 2008, 07:24 AM
leadgolem Offline

Your welcome, and the micropolis link is now a working rpm.
Old 2nd April 2008, 08:47 PM
yonnieboy Offline

Your download has failed. You have an invalid session set. Click here to try your download again.

I keep getting the above error message when I link to filefront website. The download seems to go through some of the motions but the download manager does not come up though the graph at bottom of seamonkey screen indicates something is downloading. A check through all the usual places doesn't show a new package called root-sh.
Old 3rd April 2008, 04:51 AM
leadgolem Offline

Ok, I updated all the broken links that can be fixed. The scourge_data rpm I'll have to rebuild totally, filefront deleted it...

I probably won't do this until the 0.20 scourge release, which should be fairly soon.
Old 3rd April 2008, 05:00 AM
Firewing1 Offline

Are you going to submit these to the Fedora repositories? If so let me know, I could take a review or two and help you on the others.
Old 3rd April 2008, 05:13 AM
leadgolem Offline

Oh, probably not. I don't have the time to maintain them properly. Incidentally the only one that has any kind of license problem is scourge_data. It contains some content that is currently "license unknown".
Old 3rd April 2008, 05:45 PM
BandC Offline

I was just about to ask the same. It would be nice if these were in the repos. I personally prefer something slightly old but in the repos to something current but not in the repos. Either way, nice work.

Do you like surfing forums but wish people would stop using obscure abbreviations and acronyms?
Then my Firefox/Chrome extension ABBREX is for you!
It automatically adds hover tooltips to abbreviations displaying their meanings on any web page you visit!

Check it out at: http://abbrex.com
Old 4th April 2008, 03:53 AM
leadgolem Offline

Thank you.

If someone wants to take any of these over and actually maintain/submit them to the repos feel free.
Old 4th April 2008, 02:19 PM
Hlingler Offline
Administrator

Additional Rare Software

With leadgolem's generous invitation and approval, I'm pleased to make the following additional homemade RPMs available, all FOSS; F8/9/10/11/12/13 & x86 only (SRPMs & *-debuginfo packages available on request); available at the links below:

Main Folder: http://www.4shared.com/dir/6321255/3...6/sharing.html
See also: RPMME repo

DAVL - Disk Allocation Viewer for Linux, by Hitachi: "This program checks and displays the fragmentation of a ext2 or a ext3 filesystem. It works whether filesystem is mounted or unmounted, and available for a directory or a file." Pointless, since defragmentation an defrag software for Linux is even more rare, but interesting; more of a curiosity than anything else really. CAUTION: run as root-user only.
UPDATED:
FREECIV-2.1.11 (Stable) - A full suite of RPM packages for F[8-9-10]-11-12, updated to current stable release freeciv-2.1.11 (not available yet from Fedora Project, and don't hold your breath). AJRPMs repo is now on extended hiatus = no further updates. Obtain new RPMs from hyperlinks below. (RPMME repo to open soon - 8/2010) Note that these packages will obsolete and replace any and all existing "stock" FreeCiv packages currently installed on your system, and are not available from any other vendor. The FreeCiv file suite has been split into several parts that will allow various customized installation options. Instead of 3 mutually exclusive client versions, there are now 6 packages:
  • freeciv-common - files common to both clients and server
  • freeciv-server - files unique to server
  • freeciv-client - files common to all 3 clients
  • freeciv-client-gtk - files unique to GTK client GUI
  • freeciv-client-sdl - files unique to SDL client GUI
  • freeciv-client-xaw3d - files unique to XAW3D client GUI

This arrangement allows to install only the server, or only the client(s), or both, and also allows all 3 client GUIs to be co-installed! You may select any 1, any 2, or even all 3 client GUIs for installation (Note that if you do not pick one of the client GUIs when installing the client, YUM will randomly select one for you). The 'alternatives' system is used to configure the default civclient GUI (but you can always start any, or even all, manually). For those who don't want to wait until next decade for an update.

EDIT: F11.i586 & F12.i686 RPMs direct download URLs:
UPDATED:
HDPARM - Updated to latest stable release; hdparm has been crippled by the switch to libata, but there ain't nothin' else available... provided here because the "stock" RPMs are not up-to-date.
NEW:
KGRUBEditor - A KDE GUI utility to edit grub.conf; "KGRUBEditor is a KDE utility, that edits GRUB's configuration files through an inituitive user interface. It combines both ease of use with flexibility and is the perfect solution for those who want to configure GRUB, without messing with its files."
KIO_GOPHER - kio_gopher-20040214-1.fc8.i386.rpm; a REAL odd-ball: a kio-slave for KDE/Konqueror to allow viewing of the few remaining legacy gopher protocol sites. For KDE3.

UPDATED:
KLogView - KLogView-0.6; KDE real-time log file viewer, basically a GUI/front-end to 'tail -f' with multiple output files; hides in system tray.
UPDATED:
QPS - QPS: "Qps is a visual process manager, an X11 version of "top" or "ps" that displays processes in a window and lets you sort and manipulate them." Updated to latest stable and provided because the "stock" RPMs are often not up-to-date.
UPDATED:
Shake - shake-0.99-2; for the anal-retentive ex-Win* user who simply *must* have a defrag tool, here's the perfect compliment to DAVL: a user-space defragging app for *NIX. NOT TESTED. Feel free to destroy your equipment testing it for me. Feedback appreciated, scraps not.
TerraForm - terraform-0.9.0-1.fc8.i386; TerraForm Interactive Height Field Generation and Manipulation System, a fractal heightfield generator and manipulator similar to TerraGen.

XLogMaster - XLogMaster-1.6.1; X utility to watch various log files. "Xlogmaster is a program that lets you monitor everything that's going on on your system in a very quick and comfortable way. It allows reading logfiles, devices or running status-gathering programs, translating all data (if wished) and displaying it with filters for highlighting / lowlighting / hiding lines or taking actions upon user-defined events."
Some built with checkinstall RPM builder. All are tested & work for me, unless otherwise noted (i.e.: shake). Feedback welcome. Enjoy.

Vince (aka Hlingler)

Last edited by Hlingler; 12th December 2009 at 08:06 AM. Reason: New/Updated Items....
Old 5th April 2008, 03:59 AM
leadgolem Offline

I've never used checkinstall, but can you produce .src.rpms for these? If so, it would be trivial to rebuild them for 64bit. It would probably be trivial anyway...
Old 5th April 2008, 04:18 AM
Hlingler Offline
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadgolem
I've never used checkinstall, but can you produce .src.rpms for these? If so, it would be trivial to rebuild them for 64bit. It would probably be trivial anyway...
So far as I know: No.

Checkinstall has other limitations as well: no statically linked libraries; and the current versions have a little bug that necessitates manual editing of the specfile to remove extraneous files from the RPM (checkinstall likes to add sed, make, grep, ldconfig, and/or other standard executables to the packages...). But for the vast majority of recent source code, it has proved to be adequate for easily and automatically creating RPMs of stuff. Far better in my book than: 'make install'.

Regards,
V
Old 5th April 2008, 04:25 AM
leadgolem Offline

Does this program produce .spec files? If so, and these .spec files aren't totally terrible, then it should be possible to generate .src.rpms from those and the source.
Old 5th April 2008, 05:06 AM
Hlingler Offline
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadgolem
Does this program produce .spec files? If so, and these .spec files aren't totally terrible, then it should be possible to generate .src.rpms from those and the source.
Yes, it does. However, they are automatically deleted upon successful build of the RPM, unless checkinstall is specifically told to keep them when started. Unfortunately, I have so far had no reason to even consider doing so, so there is nothing left after the builds except the RPM itself: all temporary working files are purged.

However, if you wish, it would be relatively trivial for me to re-run the builds, and save the specfiles, or whatever else might help. I would be glad to do so.

Regards,
V

Tags
packaged, things