Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 12th January 2008, 04:15 PM
DennyCrane Offline

selecting specific files in nautilus??

I really miss the ability I had in Windows to control-click files to pick just the ones I want (as opposed to shift-click which selects everything between those two)... when I attempted this in nautilus, it didn't work. I finally got around to trying to figure out if nautilus has some other way to do this, but what I've found says the control method should work...?:
http://linux.about.com/library/gnome/blgnome6n6b.htm

Can anyone help me out here?
Old 12th January 2008, 10:23 PM
Dies Offline

Not really, since it's always worked perfectly for me. But just in case have you selected the proper keyboard layout, if your model isn't listed you can experiment with something close.

System>Preferences>Hardware>Keyboard
Old 13th January 2008, 02:53 AM
DennyCrane Offline

hmm, I went to the "Layout Options" tab and under "Ctrl key position" I changed it from "Default" to "Ctrl key at bottom left". It works fine now, but when I go back into the settings it says "Default" again.

Tags
files, nautilus, selecting, specific