Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 10th January 2008, 02:51 AM
borice Offline

Angry Eclipse & subclipse & svn+ssh problem

Hi,

I'm trying to use svn+ssh with Subclipse under Eclipse 3.3 (that ships with Fedora 8). When I enter the URL (svn+ssh://username@host/path/to/repo), I get a new window titled "OpenSSH" which prompts me for the password but does not provide a way for me to save it, resulting for the same password window prompt to pop up for everything related to any access to the SVN (even clicking the + sign to expand the folder tree...)

The same exact operation done in Ubuntu pops a window where you can set a bunch of options, among which there is an option to save your password.

I tried the same operation in a fresh installation of NetBeans 6.0 under Fedora 8, and the *same* OpenSSH window popped up looking identical to the one in Eclipse, also not allowing me to save the password.

Does anyone know if there is any way of telling OpenSSH (which seems to be at fault) to save the password? If not, is there another way I can do this to save me from having to enter the SVN password for each operation? (like maybe replacing OpenSSH with something else?)

Thank you in advance.

Boris

Tags
eclipse, problem, ssh, subclipse, svn