Title says it all. I can't get kino to stay up consistently when I click the 'Capture' tab.
- disabling audio
- changing the audio source to /dev/dsp (to force it to use Pulseaudio's oss driver instead of Alsa, per a post I read somewhere yesterday)
- Changing Display to gdk or Xvideo
- changing the 'Show' option on the display tab to "Full Interlaced Frame" from "Deinterlaced linear blend" (sounds like some gnarly coffee brand...)
- various combinations of the above, usually done with root privs.
- Reloading system with virgin FC8 install (one drive of s/w raid was failing SMART...)
As yet, nothing has worked consistantly. What worked once didn't work a second time in a row. Unless some time had passed, or the camera was turned off & on (or dis-/re-connected). After the reload I captured the attached text after kino crashed twice. The first crash finishes differently than the second (and all subsequent ones)(and all the crashes I could recall from pre-reload), FWIW..
I'd really like to get it running (or cinelerra, but it seems fixated on libx264.so.55 instead of fc8's .56 -- argh. that's a whole other pain right there...).
Thoughts/Comments/Fixes (not necessarily in that order, of course... ;-) )