DPMS is working properly on my FC6 system. I have no problems using it to blank screen, standby, suspend, and timeoff. I would like to get gnome-screensaver-2.16.3-1.fc6 to kick in before DPMS does, but it just doesn't seem to want to join the party no matter how I set my preferences.
Here are a few things I've tried...
- Checked, Double Checked, and Triple Checked preferences using gnome-screensaver-preferences
- Used gconf editor to review the settings and compare to working systems (F7 and F8)
- Removed and Re-installed gnome-screensaver
- Downloaded gnome-screensaver src and did an rpmbuild, then installed
- Googled high and low for an answer
It is still somewhat of a mystery to me what process or daemon activates the screensaver. Just guessing I would suspect that a daemon is either not running or is not configured to spot when the idle time is reached to activate the screensaver. Would appreciate any suggestions on logs to check or things to try.