Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 3rd December 2007, 07:36 AM
Peter_AUS Offline

I updated F7 to F8 and get one package

file /usr/sbin/lokkit from install of system-config-securitylevel-tui-1.* 7.0-6.fc7 conflicts with file from package system-config-firewall-tui-1.0.8-3* .fc8
file /usr/share/locale/ar/LC_MESSAGES/s* ystem-config-securitylevel.mo from install of system-config-securitylevel-tui-1.* 7.0-6.fc7 conflicts with file from package system-config-firewall-tui-1.0.8-3* .fc8
file /usr/share/locale/as/LC_MESSAGES/s* ystem-config-securitylevel.mo from install of system-config-securitylevel-tui-1.* 7.0-6.fc7 conflicts with file from package system-config-firewall-tui-1.0.8-3* .fc8
file /usr/share/locale/bg/LC_MESSAGES/s* ystem-config-securitylevel.mo from install of system-config-securitylevel-tui-1.* 7.0-6.fc7 conflicts with file from package system-config-firewall-tui-1.0.8-3* .fc8
file /usr/share/locale/bn/LC_MESSAGES/s* ystem-config-securitylevel.mo from install of system-config-securitylevel-tui-1.* 7.0-6.fc7 conflicts with file from package system-config-firewall-tui-1.0.8-3* .fc8
file /usr/share/locale/bn_IN/LC_MESSAGE* S/system-config-securitylevel.mo from install of system-config-securitylevel-tui-1.* 7.0-6.fc7 conflicts with file from package system-config-firewall-tui-1.0.8-3* .fc8

This is just s sample of say around 100 lines which is too long for this sytem. I could post in chunks though if needed.

The package in the update is Updated system-config-securitylevel packages available

Nothing else in the update details it is blank.

Do I just delete the version 7 ones or what ? I'm new to Linux.

Thanks

Peter
Old 3rd December 2007, 12:06 PM
saibaggins Offline

see this thread, i should help you:

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...871#post912871
Old 3rd December 2007, 07:59 PM
Peter_AUS Offline

I did the upgrade route with Fedora 8, I thought that doing that would have been the correct thing, not deleting Fedora 7 and a clean install with 8. I read that but I don't see that the thread covers this problem. Thanks saibaggins.

Peter
Old 4th December 2007, 12:56 PM
saibaggins Offline

what command did you run that leads to this output?
the titles implies youve only got 1 fc8 package, do you mean that all 100 or so lines are a conflict with the same fc8 firewall package?
Old 4th December 2007, 09:27 PM
Peter_AUS Offline

I use a GUI and when the little icon shows on the task bar it displays a bubble that there are update available. So I click on view the updates available, and just let the process happen installing the updates. It is just hte one package that fails with the conflicts that seem to relate to F7 to F8.

the package in the Updater is Updated system-config-securitylevel packages but when I select Update Details it lists nothing in there.

Peter
Old 4th December 2007, 09:40 PM
saibaggins Offline

It looks to me like your system already has fc8 packages but the update is trying to install fc7 packages. I don't really use the gui for package management and i'm not sure what method you used to upgrade.

The package manager is just a front end for yum which is very easy to use on the command prompt. If you do:

su -

and then follow:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/YumUpgradeFaq

you should be able to get your system properly upgraded.
Old 5th December 2007, 01:45 AM
Peter_AUS Offline

Thanks will have a digest of the info and see what I can come up with. Yeah I know I should learn to use the command prompt, but at the present I am heavily involved in trying to update a complete photography site to new scripts and that takes up 99% of my time other than my kids.

Peter
Old 5th December 2007, 01:50 AM
FriedChips Offline

try this command:
Code:
su
yum upgrade

Code:
[Stephen@localhost ~]$ whatis this?
this?: nothing appropriate

Tags
package, updated