<---- template headericclude ----->
jigdo Usage
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jigdo Usage

I have installed and run jigdo to create the everything iso's for i386. There are the following files in the Jigdo folder:
    Fedora-8-Everything.jigdo
    Fedora-8-Everything.jigdo~
    Fedora-8-i386-Everything-DVD1.iso.list
    Fedora-8-i386-Everything-DVD1.iso.template
    Fedora-8-i386-Everything-DVD1.iso.tmp
    Fedora-8-i386-Everything-DVD1.iso.tmpdir
    jigdo-file-cache.db

The .iso.tmp file is 4 G and has been since I looked 12 hours ago after running for 8 hrs. I have a 784K dsl connection that usually takes 2 Hrs to download a CD image. What should I see when the image is done. I stopped jigdo as it was still cycling through mirrors for files, then restarted it 12 Hrs ago and it seemed to be continuing with the same image, it alerted me that I would loose data in the temp dir that may not have been packed in the iso, I said OK.
    Someones insight would be helpful.
    jbkt23
    Thinkpads Depends on era T23 - X2xx
    AMD & Intel Boxes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbkt23
    I have installed and run jigdo to create the everything iso's for i386. There are the following files in the Jigdo folder:
    Fedora-8-Everything.jigdo
    Fedora-8-Everything.jigdo~
    Fedora-8-i386-Everything-DVD1.iso.list
    Fedora-8-i386-Everything-DVD1.iso.template
    Fedora-8-i386-Everything-DVD1.iso.tmp
    Fedora-8-i386-Everything-DVD1.iso.tmpdir
    jigdo-file-cache.db

The .iso.tmp file is 4 G and has been since I looked 12 hours ago after running for 8 hrs. I have a 784K dsl connection that usually takes 2 Hrs to download a CD image. What should I see when the image is done. I stopped jigdo as it was still cycling through mirrors for files, then restarted it 12 Hrs ago and it seemed to be continuing with the same image, it alerted me that I would loose data in the temp dir that may not have been packed in the iso, I said OK.
    Someones insight would be helpful.
    I got the same problem ! sight
    Please help !!
    Thanks inadvance.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that these everything cd's are grabbing stuff from flaky sites that have poor bandwidth. There are obscure packages that are only available from a few sites.
    What I really wanted was an updated install disk modeled on the install DVD. Supposedly there is one coming out in January. Too late for me.
    jbkt23
    Thinkpads Depends on era T23 - X2xx
    AMD & Intel Boxes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used jigdo to create a Fedora Unity DVD i386 .iso respin then once the DVD iso was completed used jigdo to create a 5 CD install set from the mounted DVD.iso.

I know it seems to take a long time and it does even more with the everything DVD's as it has to resolve all of those dependencys. When I was in the process of creating mine there were 2 power outages that caused the download to quit, I thought for sure starting over was inevitable but running "jigdo-lite" again with the same jigdo file started up again where it left off and eventually completed the DVD.iso which later was used for an install.

IIRC it took about 12 hours to complete the d'load and that was for 1 DVD image.