Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 28th November 2007, 12:32 PM
jbkt23 Offline

jigdo Usage

I have installed and run jigdo to create the everything iso's for i386. There are the following files in the Jigdo folder:
Fedora-8-Everything.jigdo
Fedora-8-Everything.jigdo~
Fedora-8-i386-Everything-DVD1.iso.list
Fedora-8-i386-Everything-DVD1.iso.template
Fedora-8-i386-Everything-DVD1.iso.tmp
Fedora-8-i386-Everything-DVD1.iso.tmpdir
jigdo-file-cache.db

The .iso.tmp file is 4 G and has been since I looked 12 hours ago after running for 8 hrs. I have a 784K dsl connection that usually takes 2 Hrs to download a CD image. What should I see when the image is done. I stopped jigdo as it was still cycling through mirrors for files, then restarted it 12 Hrs ago and it seemed to be continuing with the same image, it alerted me that I would loose data in the temp dir that may not have been packed in the iso, I said OK.
Someones insight would be helpful.
Old 2nd January 2008, 04:42 AM
fire-fly Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbkt23
I have installed and run jigdo to create the everything iso's for i386. There are the following files in the Jigdo folder:
Fedora-8-Everything.jigdo
Fedora-8-Everything.jigdo~
Fedora-8-i386-Everything-DVD1.iso.list
Fedora-8-i386-Everything-DVD1.iso.template
Fedora-8-i386-Everything-DVD1.iso.tmp
Fedora-8-i386-Everything-DVD1.iso.tmpdir
jigdo-file-cache.db

The .iso.tmp file is 4 G and has been since I looked 12 hours ago after running for 8 hrs. I have a 784K dsl connection that usually takes 2 Hrs to download a CD image. What should I see when the image is done. I stopped jigdo as it was still cycling through mirrors for files, then restarted it 12 Hrs ago and it seemed to be continuing with the same image, it alerted me that I would loose data in the temp dir that may not have been packed in the iso, I said OK.
Someones insight would be helpful.
I got the same problem ! sight
Please help !!
Thanks inadvance.
Old 2nd January 2008, 12:10 PM
jbkt23 Offline

I think that these everything cd's are grabbing stuff from flaky sites that have poor bandwidth. There are obscure packages that are only available from a few sites.
What I really wanted was an updated install disk modeled on the install DVD. Supposedly there is one coming out in January. Too late for me.
Old 3rd January 2008, 02:38 AM
ryptyde Offline

I've used jigdo to create a Fedora Unity DVD i386 .iso respin then once the DVD iso was completed used jigdo to create a 5 CD install set from the mounted DVD.iso.

I know it seems to take a long time and it does even more with the everything DVD's as it has to resolve all of those dependencys. When I was in the process of creating mine there were 2 power outages that caused the download to quit, I thought for sure starting over was inevitable but running "jigdo-lite" again with the same jigdo file started up again where it left off and eventually completed the DVD.iso which later was used for an install.

IIRC it took about 12 hours to complete the d'load and that was for 1 DVD image.

Tags
jigdo, usage