Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 25th November 2007, 12:04 PM
type568 Offline

Fedora Hotkeys

I believe, fedora has a lot of hotkeys, perhaps a lot more then windows, but if in windows, they help a lot. I couldn't find, perhaps any, except for those randomly appear in howtos. Like alt+crtl+backspace = Restart X windows system.

Perhaps someone can give me a list of fedora hotkeys? I.E. How to open terminal, with a hotkey combination? (Is there anything except for crtl+alt+f1 & then alt+f7 to exit?) Thanks. And of course I would love to learn some others too.
Old 25th November 2007, 02:34 PM
scottro Offline
Retired Community Manager -- Banned from Texas by popular demand.

In Gnome, the default Window manager, there is a something in System=>Preferences (I think--I don't use Gnome) where they have various key combinations. Opening a terminal however, is disabled by default. You pick something, click on it, and can create your own setups. Unfortunately, you can't use the the Windows key in combo with something. If you push it the dialog just says Super_L and ignores any other key pressed.

This is more a window manager thing than Fedora thing. The different window managers all have their own shortcuts, and many of them, such as fluxbox, make it very easy to create your own.
Old 25th November 2007, 02:48 PM
type568 Offline

Oh. Thanks.

Tags
fedora, hotkeys