Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 17th November 2007, 07:34 PM
eidos Offline

Question Fixing DSDT fix for BIOS on Amilo V2030

I have an Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V2030 laptop on which I am running 'Werewolf'. Can anyone help me with information about how to fix the DSDT in the really (no really!) bad BIOS so that I can get fan control. The fan works but runs full speed all the time, which becomes annoying and shortens the fan life and drains the battery. I have actually fixed this in the past when I used Ubuntu; someone had a fixed 'DSDT.aml' and then I ran a
Code:
dpkg-reconfigure
but I don't know where to start with Fedora. This is a fairly common problem so there must be people who know what to do about this. For me it is the only real drawback in running Linux (everything else is great!).
Thanks,
eidos
Old 12th January 2008, 01:53 PM
adigital Offline

Putting new DSDT must be done through kernel recompile process. I've observed that some fan control exists if laptop is brought from hibernation. What should car drivers told you is 'if you turn the music on, there is no back noise'.

Tags
amilo, bios, dsdt, fix, fixing, v2030