Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 15th November 2007, 12:35 PM
Maxim9 Offline

x11vnc, to load with GDM

I would like to get x11vnc to load with the GDM startup. I found this page here http://www.jirka.org/gdm-documentation/x241.html It talks about an Init/ directory which would have startup scripts for whichever display X is loaded on. So I created a file, /etc/gdm/Init/:0 and put in the command line to startup x11vnc with the desired switches but it doesn't seem to be working. If I login and run the command line myself, i'm able to VNC successfully. When GDM loads I can switch to another terminal and run ps and see that there are no x11vnc processes running. I see that the verion of GDM is different on this page because some of the filesnames have changed but most of the file structure is still there. Do I have this file in the right place?
Old 15th November 2007, 09:57 PM
Maxim9 Offline

It is working now. So it is a successful way of doing this in Fedora 8. Thanks for reading anyway.

Tags
gdm, load, x11vnc