Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora Resources > Guides & Solutions (No Questions)
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Guides & Solutions (No Questions) Post your guides here (No links to Blogs accepted). You can also append your comments/questions to a guide, but don't start a new thread to ask a question. Use another forum for that.

Old 18th December 2007, 11:45 PM
ajamison Offline

no problem it takes a few minutes to get used to but once you do then it is cool.

Did you install the python imaging or use the rpms
-----------------
Wiki page helping to show appropriate Fedora versions of Ubuntu commands [url=https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedorianDictionary]Fedora Dictionary[/url <--- Outdated been very busy looking to update it soon
Old 18th December 2007, 11:52 PM
Dangermouse Offline
Administrator - (On Leave)

Python imaging was already installed, i have already made a rpm for Weblider which includes python-imaging as a dependecy havent tested it yet though will do that tom, its getting late for me, so im off to bed, btw i have just doubled your membership hope you dont mind.
Old 19th December 2007, 12:36 AM
ajamison Offline

you mean for Fedora Groupies? No I do not mind at all
-----------------
Wiki page helping to show appropriate Fedora versions of Ubuntu commands [url=https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedorianDictionary]Fedora Dictionary[/url <--- Outdated been very busy looking to update it soon
Old 19th December 2007, 09:27 AM
strikeforce Offline

Can I say damn good work with this script I'll link to it if you don't mind to make life easier for some people.

- How to pay forward
Fedora Help Wanted

- Need a quick guide
Fedora Guide
Old 19th December 2007, 05:42 PM
ajamison Offline

I guess I should have asked opps but I linked to it on Fedora Groupies but I am sure Dave will not mind if he does I will take it down
-----------------
Old 19th December 2007, 06:11 PM
Dangermouse Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamison
I guess I should have asked opps but I linked to it on Fedora Groupies but I am sure Dave will not mind if he does I will take it down
I dont mind at all.
Old 19th December 2007, 06:27 PM
ajamison Offline

Did not think it would be an issue

Now I need to find a way to may SELinux like tmp watch lol every time tmpwatch runs SELinux blocks it as an illegal action
Now because of that I have like a 200mb tmp folder

BTW Dave how did that RPM of Weblider turn out ?

If it works well you may want to submit it to the website as one of their official RPMS so they can update their super old ones from like Gnome 1.8 or some old thing like that. I wish it made it into the fedora repo but you need to jump through so many hoops to get an RPM in there I hear
-----------------

Last edited by ajamison; 19th December 2007 at 06:30 PM.
Old 20th December 2007, 12:53 AM
strikeforce Offline

Quote:
Did not think it would be an issue

Now I need to find a way to may SELinux like tmp watch lol every time tmpwatch runs SELinux blocks it as an illegal action
Now because of that I have like a 200mb tmp folder

BTW Dave how did that RPM of Weblider turn out ?

If it works well you may want to submit it to the website as one of their official RPMS so they can update their super old ones from like Gnome 1.8 or some old thing like that. I wish it made it into the fedora repo but you need to jump through so many hoops to get an RPM in there I hear
Submitting it isn't to hard all you have to do is submit a SRPM and a spec file then someone will sponsor you.

You do need to jump through the hoops with key ids and such but overall it's easier than debian.

- How to pay forward
Fedora Help Wanted

- Need a quick guide
Fedora Guide
Old 20th December 2007, 03:14 AM
ajamison Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by strikeforce
Submitting it isn't to hard all you have to do is submit a SRPM and a spec file then someone will sponsor you.

You do need to jump through the hoops with key ids and such but overall it's easier than debian.
However if you submit it then your the maintainer which I do not think I would want to be
-----------------
Old 20th December 2007, 04:30 AM
PKM57L Offline

Thanks for the script...
It's good to see community members helping out idiots like me
Old 23rd December 2007, 06:48 AM
ajamison Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangermouse
I dont mind at all.
Are you going to add the rpm you made for the weblider into your script
-----------------
Old 23rd December 2007, 09:24 AM
Dangermouse Offline

Smile

Quote:
Are you going to add the rpm you made for the weblider into your script
No not at moment as they do not work properly, maybe after christmas i will spend some more time on them, but for now compiling is the best way(safest)
Old 24th December 2007, 03:20 PM
Dangermouse Offline

Sorry to everyone that tried to install gnome-color-chooser, and it didnt, i have corrected the error, and it should/will now install fine.
Merry Christmas to everyone[QUOTE]
Old 24th December 2007, 03:46 PM
s.v.g. Offline

hi dangermouse - just interested in what kind of language you used for your script (python/C/C++). i'm interested in learning a programming language for general linux functions (for example to write the script that you made)
Old 2nd January 2008, 08:02 AM
Craulian Offline

Dangermouse, thank you so much. I probably spend 4 hrs trying to get my Broadcom BCM4306 Wireless card working. I'm using a Dell inspiron 9100. I was having a fun time trying to change the default Fedora driver. It was showing my wireless connection as my Ethernet. I was going crazy trying to get it running.
Using ndiswrapper and many other tools.

All I had to do was download your scrip and a few commands, and Bang working.

Now I have my 100Base-t Ethernet card as one and my Wireless as another.

Now working on getting it to connect. For some reason is not getting a link, even after turning off the security on my router. Will keep playing with it and see. If anyone has any advice will love to hear it.

Again Dangermouse thank you for this great script. Awesome job.

Last edited by Craulian; 2nd January 2008 at 08:05 AM.

Tags
autoplus, codecs, flash, install