Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 9th November 2007, 11:47 PM
ShareDora Offline

White Lines Display Driver Issue

Ever since I upgraded to F8 from F7 there seems to be white lines showing up as the CPU is being used. This didn't happen in F7 and the xorg.conf files look exactly the same. I had the same type of problem in Ubuntu so I'm convinced it's a display driver issue. Any ideas on a setting or something?
Old 9th November 2007, 11:59 PM
JN4OldSchool Offline
"Sean The Terrible" -- The forum(er) Vista® rep

maybe a little info on your card/driver? Why not try changing the driver to vesa and see if the problem persists. Could be a card going bad.
Old 10th November 2007, 12:05 AM
ShareDora Offline

My card's an ATI Radeon Mobility 9100IGP. Worked perfectly just yesterday in F7.

Last edited by ShareDora; 10th November 2007 at 12:07 AM.
Old 10th November 2007, 12:09 AM
JN4OldSchool Offline
"Sean The Terrible" -- The forum(er) Vista® rep

nVidia guy myself, but ATI has got some problems. Maybe try the vesa thing just to see, that would narrow it down to the driver. I have read some stuff about an ATI problem but I am not the guy for that.
Old 10th November 2007, 12:42 AM
ShareDora Offline

I tried Vesa but my computer simply froze up upon loading X. Maybe I'll revert back to Fedora 7 and see if I get better stability. It's disappointing though, you expect things to work better in new releases. Oh well.

Tags
display, driver, lines, white