Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 9th November 2007, 09:40 PM
acidx Offline

Unhappy Install Question

Ok, so i've been using fedora since fc4 and haven't really ever had this want/desire/need yet until now. I love the easy to use anaconda installer, makes life easy if what you want is a fully usable linux computer with more glitz and user friendliness then logging into a terminal and typing startx to get a lovely grey screen with nothing more then xterm at your disposal. Anyway my question is, is there a way to install fedora, and basically be where no one else wants to be which is typing startx and having nothing but x windows + twm? i guess just the lightest possible install imaginable? My only alternative is to (Gasp) change distro's and leave my beloved fedora community.
Old 9th November 2007, 11:04 PM
Dies Offline

Choose customize then de-select all desktop environments and any related packages and there you go.
Old 9th November 2007, 11:12 PM
Dan Offline
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidx
... i guess just the lightest possible install imaginable? My only alternative is to (Gasp) change distro's and leave my beloved fedora community.
Hmmmm.

Quote:
Must have been lurking about outside the windows. <....>

Welcome aboard acidx. Dies has you set up. Good luck with it. Post back your resuilts.

And I promise, even if we chew you up and spit you out, when you back away from the screen, and your internet connection shuts down, I'll bet you won't be missing any body parts. (That you weren't already!) <....>

Dan

Tags
install, question