I have an AMD 64 FX2 4200+ with 2 gigs of ram. I have 5 hard drives in my machine, the first one running Windows XP home. I have another running Windows XP Pro. I am attempting to install Fedora 7 on its own hard drive. I downloaded the 64 bit version ISO and burned it to a dvd only to have it fail it's check during instalation. I then used the ftp method (ftp://fedora.bu.edu) and was able to install it. I did choose the software development and web server options during the installation. There were no error messages. I rebooted, the grub loader ran, and fedora failed to run. I have attempted to run fedora a number of times and keep getting the same errors.
The commands grub uses:
root (hd4,0)
kernal /vmlinuz-2.6.21-1.3194.fc7 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb quiet
intrd /initrd-2.6.21-1.3194.fc7.img
and upon intitialization I get the following errors:
Reading all physical volumes. This may take awhile...
No volume groups found
Volume group "VolGroup00" not found
unable to access resume device (/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01)
mount: could not find file system '/dev/root'
setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory
kernal panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
Anyone have any suggestions?


Reply With Quote
