Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 15th October 2007, 04:21 PM
Sugi Offline

Bios Tweaking. Help plz

I was changing stuff around in my bios on my hp computer. The the boot up drives need some tweaking andI made a boo boo, I hit f5. Within HP computers it tell the BIOs to go default. Nothing was really changed around except the boot image. When i turn on my computer it deplays all the hardware information, but now after the BIO's default it displays this ugly HP logo image instead of the hardware information. Is there a way to change it back to hardware information instead of that ugly HP logo? I can't tell which of my harddrives are booting up or my PCI cards or anything useful.
Old 15th October 2007, 08:03 PM
ordinary Offline

Sugi

My winders box is an HP Pavillion a1350n. I just rebooted it to have a look at the BIOS setup menus. In the BIOS setup, there's a "Boot" menu with a "Boot-time diagnostics screen" selection. If this item is enabled, I get a white on blue HP splash screen. If this item is disabled, I get the hardware information I suspect you are looking for. Of course, I have no idea what your BIOS setup menu looks like, but this may give you a clue.

Phil

If man was meant to fly, God would have given him a big brain and apposable thumbs.
Old 15th October 2007, 08:52 PM
Sugi Offline

Thank you Phil for the tip, I'll give it a try when I have a chance to look at my computer.

Sugi

Tags
bios, plz, tweaking