Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Servers & Networking
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Servers & Networking Discuss any Fedora server problems and Networking issues such as dhcp, IP numbers, wlan, modems, etc.

Old 25th September 2007, 02:41 AM
bcruze Offline

saving a file to your harddrive, it can't be viewed by another computer on network..

Hey guys, maybe you can point me in the right direction.

i've noticed this on all the version of fedora i've run. currently im running core 7 with all the yum updates and such installed. anyways

when i use firefox OR seamonkey, i will download a file to a samba "shared" folder. i go to my vista, xp, 2k machine. \\10.0.0.5 type in my username and password which allows me to view the share. i can see some files I have coped from my other machies BUT i can NEVER view the files i've downloaded to the fedora box itself

THE WORK AROUND. if i use konqueror, the files are viewed, copied and work just fine....

any links would be great..
Old 25th September 2007, 02:02 PM
tashirosgt Offline

I don't know the answer, but this is an interesting problem. Are the files that you save from firefox really in the shared folder? If they are there, what permissions ( properties) do they have?

Tags
file, harddrive, network, saving, viewed