Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 15th August 2007, 10:12 PM
scorpio54 Offline

Install disc errors

I've tried downloading the Fedora 7DVD.iso from mirrors and burning it with Nero then when I do the disc error check prior to install it tells me it's a bad disc. So I rush out and buy both a new burner and a store bought copy of Fedora 7 that came with a book I purchased to learn to use Fedora. Same thing disc error at install disc check. So I update burner firmware to see if it will make a difference. Still get disc error at disc check. I'm at a loss as to what I should do next. Dare I just try to install it? Am I missing something? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 15th August 2007, 10:40 PM
Brian1 Offline

Most of the time the check disc features fails. It needs to be generated a certain way to pass but at any point it should install fine.

Brian
Old 15th August 2007, 11:25 PM
scorpio54 Offline

I'll give it a go then. Was leery of doing so do to the error check fail on install disc. With luck I will be able to start my exploration into the world of open source soon.
Old 17th August 2007, 12:53 AM
scorpio54 Offline

After figuring out how to create partitions on my hard drive for it and 3 freeze ups on package installs, I finally got it loaded and working on fourth attempt. Looks good so far.
Old 17th August 2007, 02:58 AM
sailboats Offline

i've had mine pass every time but each time i try installing on it, i get a new error....who knew this would be so much fun...

Tags
disc, errors, install