Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 27th July 2007, 11:10 AM
cjediknight Offline

"Urgent Help" :(Fedora 7 BUG?

Hi,

Could anyone help me with this. I am really in trouble and very frustrated. I am installing Fedora Core 7 64 bit to our server with the following specs: Mother board Asus P5B Plus Series, core 2 duo, LITE ON DVD RW, etc. After in Entering the graphical installation mode and all initialization completes the problem begins: "Fedora CD is not found in any of your CDROM drives"

I tried doing it 20X but it does not really work. please help me with this one

Last edited by cjediknight; 27th July 2007 at 11:37 AM.
Old 27th July 2007, 07:38 PM
rahul.ks Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjediknight
Hi,

Could anyone help me with this. I am really in trouble and very frustrated. I am installing Fedora Core 7 64 bit to our server with the following specs: Mother board Asus P5B Plus Series, core 2 duo, LITE ON DVD RW, etc. After in Entering the graphical installation mode and all initialization completes the problem begins: "Fedora CD is not found in any of your CDROM drives"

I tried doing it 20X but it does not really work. please help me with this one

how come thats possible... cd rom being not detected...
Old 28th July 2007, 02:23 PM
parkers1

Hi there,

For what it's worth I had the same problem (I also have a Lite-On DVD RW) and, noticing that many others had as well, I tried the LiveCD install instead which resulted in other errors. However, I had noticed that my DVD ISO was not showing up properly in Windows XP; it basically appeared as being completely empty, even though I was able to boot the initial Fedora installer from it.

I decided to download the ISO again, verify the SHA1SUM, and re-burn it. Once I did that, I noticed that the DVD now showed up in XP properly. And when I booted from it, I got the expected media check option, etc. and I am now happily running Fedora 7! I'm not saying yours is the same situation but, in my case, I believe the problem was a bad DVD burn, bad media, or bad download. I would try to burn another DVD just in case.

Hope this helps,
Steve

Tags
cdrom, fedora, urgent help