Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 24th July 2007, 07:56 AM
amin7 Offline

Question How to import windows network username & password to OpenLdap

Hi,

I'm looking for way to import username and password into OpenLdap from Active Directory (Windows network). I found pwdump6 could extract the username and password. But the format is not in the LDIF format which you can use to import into openldap. Anybody have experience doing this or have the sript that could convert the pwdump6 output into LDIF format. Even better if anybody have the software that could sync AD to Openldap. Thank in advance for any help or pointer toward achieving the above goal. I'm in the prosess setting up the demo Linux infra for microsoft infra replacement in the long run.

Amn
Old 27th July 2007, 08:39 AM
amin7 Offline

smbldap-migrate-pwdump-accounts

Found out that normally people use smbldap-migrate-pwdump-account to import username &password from pwdump to openldap. But it's failed me. One article said, only works for samba 2.2.4.

No more clue or direction how to proceed with this, I almost giveup. Any guru out there that could help me on this

Amn

Tags
import, network, openldap, password, username, windows