Originally Posted by greygene
Now I can get none of those. The whole desktop is empty, no top and bottom panel, no desktop icon. The only thing I can do is Ctrl_Alt_Backspace to quit X. How can I modify gnome config file from a terminal to change back to metacity?
try deleting the beryl config file
Change the * for your username
rm -rf /home/*/.beryl
- CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 Hex Core 1055T 95W Edition @3.5Ghz
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H
- Cooler: Corsair H50 CPU Cooler
- RAM: Corsair Dominator 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz
- Graphics: Gigabyte GeForce GTS 450 OC 1024MB GDDR5
Last edited by leigh123linux; 19th July 2007 at 10:09 PM.