Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 29th April 2004, 07:15 PM
pucko Offline

Test 3 results - x86-64

Sad to say, I did not even pass the partition setup-page.

I have a "K8T Neo-FIS2R" motherboard with a AMD64 3000+ processor and 1 GB RAM, 2 PATA drives and 1 SATA.
Connected via USB I have an additional 45GB IDE-drive and a "USB Memory" on 256MB. Inside is a Geforec 2MX400.

First it hang because it could not find the Firewire-module, so I went into BIOS and disabled the mobo's firewire.

Rebooted but without success, something did not like my USB-drives. Disconnected both of them and rebooted again.

Finally Anaconda started, did not autoprobe my screen (Dell P991), complained about "partition-something" but let me continue until the start of Diskdruid.

When I clicked the bar which showed my SATA drive, Anaconde hang. Mouse still working and everything. Just Anaconda froze completely.

I am happy to help with reports and so, just show me how/what/where and I'll try my best.

Now, off to try the text install instead.
Old 1st May 2004, 12:09 AM
Bana Offline
Retired Community Manager

My x86_64 install went rather flawlessly. I did the boot cd askmethod option with the ISOS on my home partition. I had the resolution problems but fixed that by editing xorg.conf horiz and vert refresh. Video seems to be very crisp (maybe because this test had my monitor in the options) and everything is stable. Will report any problems as I come upon them.

Tags
results, test, x8664