Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora and it's software that do not belong in any other forum.

Old 22nd June 2007, 03:27 AM
Rashid01 Offline

32 bit compatibility environment - How is it installed?

hello everyone,

I am very new to Fedora and just installed the 64 bit version of Fedora 7 on my computer. I wanted to install a program called "Second Life". In order for this program to work under the 64 bit version, I need to have it run in the 32 bit compatibility environment of the 64 bit Fedora. How do I install the 32 bit compatibility mode in Fedora 64 bit?

My second question is regarding NVidia drivers that can work in the 64 bit environment. 'Second Life' is very finicky about the video cards and drivers. Where can I find Nvidia drivers for the 64 bit Fedora? MY card model is EN8600GT.

Any help will be immensely appreciated.

Thank you.
Rashid
Old 22nd June 2007, 05:05 AM
A.Serbinski Offline

There is no need to install any "32 bit compatibility mode". You just need to have all the 32bit libraries required by that program installed. If you're missing any, use "yum install library"

As for the nvidia drivers.... www.nvidia.com

Tags
bit, compatibility, environment, installed