FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    drmr Guest

    Sun's Nimbus style on Fedora [SOLVED]

    I wanted to try out the Sun's Nimbus look and downloaded it from:

    http://dlc.sun.com/osol/jds/downloads/extras/

    However, when I try to ./configure it pops the following funny message:

    checking for intltool >= 0.23... awk: cmd. line:1: fatal: cannot open file `./intltool-update.in' for reading (No such file or directory)
    awk: cmd. line:1: fatal: cannot open file `./intltool-update.in' for reading (No such file or directory)
    found
    ./configure: line 3648: test: : integer expression expected
    configure: error: Your intltool is too old. You need intltool 0.23 or later.


    The funny is because the intltool is 0.35. It appears that the script is little broken as it expects some things However, I'm not very in deep with autoconf and automake tools. Could someone help me?

    My system is Fedora Core 6. I will be grateful if somebody could tell me whether it compiles fine on Fedora 7.

    Thank you in advance.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Dieulefit, France
    Posts
    721
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donno, but can't you find an older version of intltool?

  3. #3
    drmr Guest
    Yes, I could try that. But I think it will become a big mess) I will report my findings.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    45
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, this thread looks kind of old... haha, but anyway, I tried to install nimbus today and came to same problem...

    The solution was to copy /usr/share/intltool/intltool-update.in, intltool-merge.in and intltool-extract.in to the installation directory (that's where you extracted nimbus, or, where the "configure" executable is located).

    That's all

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sylvan, Texas USA
    Posts
    25,962
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good deal!

    I was actually wondering about that myself.

    Soooo, as we now have a solid working solution (in a fairly petrified thread) ...

    Thread closed.

Similar Threads

  1. Nimbus theme problems
    By PolywogSys in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12th December 2010, 07:29 PM
  2. gtk-nimbus-enigine.src.rpm build problems?
    By l0vvrider in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19th September 2009, 07:56 PM
  3. gtk style in kde 4 fedora 9
    By jithin1987 in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21st May 2008, 05:11 AM
  4. Sun Nimbus icon set
    By Wayne in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14th October 2007, 04:30 AM
  5. running Sun's Java compiler on Fedora
    By webtekie in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 16th April 2005, 06:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •