Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 3rd May 2007, 07:42 PM
bike_head Offline

volume control not responing to keys

I have a dell laptop with volume up/down/mute keys. After I first installed FC6 i could press these keys in gnome and the little volume control window would pop up and adjust the volume. Somehow, I've lost this and pressing my volume keys doesn't do anything: no little window, no volume change. I checked the System->Preferences->Keyboard Shortcuts to make sure that the mappings are there. I checked that the buttons are still being seem by X using xev. I changed the mappings to keyboard control sequences like <ctl><alt>u but still no volume windows.

Where does this volume window come from? Is there some applet/program that isn't being started that should handle volume changes? Where would I check for this.

Thanks,

-Brian
(*)/ (*)
Old 3rd May 2007, 10:12 PM
Dies Offline

Not sure why they would just stop working for you, never had that happen, but see this for another way to assign actions to keys, you'll need to remove those keys from your gnome keyboard shortcuts and the nice little volume indicator pop-up won't work but....

http://forum.fedoraforum.org/forum/s...46&postcount=7
Old 20th June 2008, 03:59 PM
saroberts Offline

Was this ever resolved correctly?

Tags
control, keys, responing, volume