Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 1st April 2007, 10:11 PM
TomAndrews Offline

Question Gaim and my stupidity.

Well I installed FC6 the other day and have been playing around with it and have been quite enjoying it so far. I am using just the standard installation options (gnome desktop). I accidentally removed the Gaim status icon from my top panel and now I can't seem to get it back - so far I have only been able to add a launcher which starts another isntance of the program. So if you know how to get the Gaim status icon back to the top panel some insight into this dilema would be greatly appreciated.
Old 1st April 2007, 11:09 PM

its not so much the gaim staus icon your after.. then the staus try for which progams like gaim can live in when running
Old 1st April 2007, 11:37 PM
AlexDudko Offline

Applications --> Internet --> rightclick the Internet Messenger --> Add This Launcher to Panel.
Old 2nd April 2007, 01:07 AM
u-noneinc-s Offline

If I understand correctly, go to the preferences (buddy list -> tools -> prefs) and in the first tab (interface) make sure "show system tray icon" is set to always.

If that's not it, look through the rest of the preferences and look for something like lock to panel.

I don't know if you need to restart gaim for changes to take effect

Perpetual Newbie
--
I wanted to proclaim myself "The Typo King" but there's way too much competion. :p

411874 Get Counted

Tags
gaim, stupidity