Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 29th March 2007, 10:27 PM
knocker Offline

Exclamation Post your Problems with Fedora 7 Test3 LiveCD

I will post the problems i run into:

1. on startup, i could see that the "hidd" -service didn't load (it showed 'failed') therefor i wasn't able to send files from pc to phone and vice versa. i didn't a deeper research of this

2. synaptics touchpad is not configured right, because a: the scrolling is not enabled and b: the "FN"+"F9"-Key-kombination to disable the touchpad didn't work

3. i was not able to connect to a wep-secured network with intel 3945abg chipset. the new intel-driver seemed to be loaded and the device was shown, also the wireless network was detected, but no connection was established. i don't know if this was a problem of the wep - i didn't make a deeper research...

so feel free to post your problems...
Old 29th March 2007, 10:46 PM
RahulSundaram Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by knocker
I will post the problems i run into:

1. on startup, i could see that the "hidd" -service didn't load (it showed 'failed') therefor i wasn't able to send files from pc to phone and vice versa. i didn't a deeper research of this

2. synaptics touchpad is not configured right, because a: the scrolling is not enabled and b: the "FN"+"F9"-Key-kombination to disable the touchpad didn't work

3. i was not able to connect to a wep-secured network with intel 3945abg chipset. the new intel-driver seemed to be loaded and the device was shown, also the wireless network was detected, but no connection was established. i don't know if this was a problem of the wep - i didn't make a deeper research...

so feel free to post your problems...
It would be more useful if testers methodoligically report all bugs to http://bugzilla.redhat.com so that the relevant maintainers can try and fix them in addition/instead of folks posting here.

Tags
fedora, livecd, post, problems, test3