Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 15th March 2007, 04:57 PM
ciphermonk Offline

What would cause mplayer and xine to stop working?

I installed the binary codecs per the instructions on stanton-finley's writeup and this worked fine for several months. I recently updated my system `yum update` as well as installed vlc, and now neither xine or mplayer work anymore. Suggestions anyone?
Old 15th March 2007, 06:40 PM
ciphermonk Offline

It's weird... The audio works fine but the video doesn't show up unless I use the x11 driver in mplayer. I can't get the video to play in xine. My machine is a laptop, and when I'm not connected to an external monitor (using the laptop display) both players work perfectly fine. I'm able to resize the video, play at fullscreen; anything I want. Once the laptop is connected to the monitor and I run my resolution at 1600x1200 vs 1024x768 of the native display, both players stop working as they should. Any thoughts?

Tags
mplayer, stop, working, xine

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search