Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 4th March 2007, 12:52 AM
sveeng Offline

Bittorrent daemon

Hi, I have recently set up my own home server and am exploring all the fun I can get out of it. I wonder if anyone knows a good way to run a bittorrent daemon. I would like to just put the torrent files into a folder on the server and the server will check it continually and download the files for me. Does anyone know which is the most stable / least tweaky way to do this in fedora?

Thanks in advance
Old 4th March 2007, 09:59 AM
trench Offline

Hi,
i use TorrentFlux for Bittorrents.
www.bittorrent.com
cu
trench
Old 4th March 2007, 12:19 PM
sveeng Offline

I prefer to search and download torrents when logged in to my server (using FreeNX) because my other computer is the laptop I use at work. However I want to keep the bittorrents going when logging out. I would really just want something simple that lets me put the torrents in a certain folder and the server will download it for me. I have been using Azurues so far, but could use anything that works as a daemon. Are there any more suggestions?

Thanks
Old 4th March 2007, 12:54 PM
TheOlster Offline

I installed TorrentFlux on my FC5 server, works well. You don't get all the same features as normal, but enough. Suits my purposes anyway.
Old 4th March 2007, 01:53 PM
markkuk Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by sveeng
I would like to just put the torrent files into a folder on the server and the server will check it continually and download the files for me. Does anyone know which is the most stable / least tweaky way to do this in fedora?
Install the bittorrent packge from Fedora Extras, put your .torrent files in /srv/bittorrent/data, and start the btseed service.
Old 4th March 2007, 02:56 PM
sveeng Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by markkuk
Install the bittorrent packge from Fedora Extras, put your .torrent files in /srv/bittorrent/data, and start the btseed service.
This seems to be what I was looking for. How do I change the directory for downloaded files? Is there a manual somewhere?
Old 4th March 2007, 03:31 PM
sveeng Offline

I managed to change the directory for downloaded files using SEEDOPTS --save_in. The files are now downloading also when I log out. I would like to know if files can be automatically moved when finished and how I can see the progress of the torrent download. If anyone knows about this I would be happy for tips, but if not I will continue investigating the command line options.

Tags
bittorrent, daemon