Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 16th February 2007, 02:37 AM
Lisa Offline

Laptop with Intel graphics card - where drivers?

I have a Dell E1505 that comes with an integrated graphics card (Intel). After installation the graphics are pretty horrible (large fuzzy fonts etc.)

The display utility does not seem to help - does not recognize my graphics card and can not bump up the resolution.

Are there specific drivers for my graphics card that I can download and install somewhere?

Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller

thanks

Lisa
Old 16th February 2007, 03:34 AM
Iron_Mike Offline

Yep, too make like easier, open a terminal window and type:

su -

that is SU Dash

and type yum "install yumex" without the quotes, this will install a gui for the yum installer/updater program. But check on intel's website, they might have the drivers, but using YUM if your run it select "install" and look for a program called "915resolution" ir is for intel based chipsets.....

Tags
card, drivers, graphics, intel, laptop

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search