FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In your closet
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    This version of Audacity was not compiled with mp3 support

    Hi there guys,

    I want to be able to slow mp3's down, and so I tried through Audacity, and it stated that I didn't have the lame encoders, so I downloaded them. Now when I try it it states that my version of audacity was not compiled with MP3 support.

    How do I fix this?

    thanks,
    json
    I read the f'ing manual, and it told me to ask you guys...
    performing amazing acts of mediocrity since 1974.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    FC -4(33 bit)/Unity

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,757
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, there's two different versions, probably the easiest way is to fire up yumex and search for it then remove the one you have and install the Livna one.

  3. #3
    Wayne Guest
    Where did you get your copies of lame and audacity?

    Wayne

  4. #4
    leigh123linux Guest
    try this , the package is provided by livna

    yum remove audacity
    yum install audacity-nonfree

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In your closet
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gentlemen, you've earned your pay tonight. I am now listening to music at 1/2 the speed that the good Lord intended. I am indeed a happy camper!

    Thanks so much for your help!
    json
    I read the f'ing manual, and it told me to ask you guys...
    performing amazing acts of mediocrity since 1974.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    FC -4(33 bit)/Unity

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wine Country, California
    Posts
    2,850
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where have you been hiding? I know you're not in my closet. I checked.
    Mark N.

    Perpetual Newbie
    --
    I wanted to proclaim myself "The Typo King" but there's way too much competion. :p

    411874 Get Counted

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In your closet
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there sir

    I've been keeping to the wibble forum. They don't let me out of the lounge area as much as they used to because I keep scaring the new guys away.

    They let me out this time to ask my question only on the condition that I don't mention how I like to use scotch tape to hold my eyelids open... damnit!

    thanks,
    json
    I read the f'ing manual, and it told me to ask you guys...
    performing amazing acts of mediocrity since 1974.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    FC -4(33 bit)/Unity

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wine Country, California
    Posts
    2,850
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you thought about drawing some eyeballs on your eyelids, and taping your eyes closed? They'll never know the difference.
    Mark N.

    Perpetual Newbie
    --
    I wanted to proclaim myself "The Typo King" but there's way too much competion. :p

    411874 Get Counted

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In your closet
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They always figure it out once I start snoring
    I read the f'ing manual, and it told me to ask you guys...
    performing amazing acts of mediocrity since 1974.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    FC -4(33 bit)/Unity

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Thumbs up Re: This version of Audacity was not compiled with mp3 support

    Quote Originally Posted by schwim
    Hi there guys,

    I want to be able to slow mp3's down, and so I tried through Audacity, and it stated that I didn't have the lame encoders, so I downloaded them. Now when I try it it states that my version of audacity was not compiled with MP3 support.

    How do I fix this?

    thanks,
    json
    This is an old thread, but the problem is still the same years later.

    In case someone is interested in knowing more about how to fix this please visit https://techwords.io/audacity-mp3-support-fedora/

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sylvan, Texas USA
    Posts
    25,933
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: This version of Audacity was not compiled with mp3 support

    An old thread indeed! Probably a much better idea to open a new one.

    Thread Closed ...


    EDIT: Uh, oh! *(to be read in sepulchral evil tones ... )* The Schwim has risen from the necro-world!

    Thread re-opened ... just in case.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In your closet
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: This version of Audacity was not compiled with mp3 support

    Thanks for the tip, Ahriman although I must say that I found it easier to kidnap homeless people, chain them in my basement and train them to sing any song a capella than to compile a useful Audacity install in Fedora.

    An added bonus is that they can do your laundry during their down time. Good luck getting Audacity to separate whites and colors.
    I read the f'ing manual, and it told me to ask you guys...
    performing amazing acts of mediocrity since 1974.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    FC -4(33 bit)/Unity

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sylvan, Texas USA
    Posts
    25,933
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: This version of Audacity was not compiled with mp3 support

    Ah, yes!

    As expected. Welcome back, Oscar Fox!

    Necro-thread closed.

Similar Threads

  1. Installing Audacity with mp3 support
    By CrackedLCD in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 24th June 2016, 05:36 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14th May 2008, 09:59 PM
  3. Latest FC6 Kernel compiled with old version of gcc
    By nzgreenie in forum EOL (End Of Life) Versions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19th July 2007, 10:40 PM
  4. FC4 mp3 support with audacity
    By LinuxHippy in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 7th June 2007, 04:26 PM
  5. Is there any realplay version compiled with GCC4?
    By qinhan in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17th March 2006, 08:23 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •