Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 27th January 2007, 10:23 PM
Tech_Spanky Offline

BrainBoxes Multiport Serial Adapter

Hello everyone. I am pretty green when i comes to linux I just made a move off windows and am rather enjoying my experience. I chose to install Fedora core 6 and it seems great. I have managed to many thing so far including compiling a new kernel ( childs play for most of you I am sure, but I was happy). I just have this on card I can get working and I guess its possible it just won't work. It is a BrainBoxex multiport serial card. UC-279. They supply unsupported drivers for linux at http://www.brainboxes.com/content/su...tem/Linux.aspx
but they where writen for the 2.4.XX Kernel and as I have found out the 2.6.xx is quite different. SO I was wondering if anybody has experience with this type of card or knows if it is possible to port the 2.4.xx driver information int the 2.6.xx structure?

Thanks alot

Tags
adapter, brainboxes, multiport, serial

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search