Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 24th January 2007, 06:18 AM
linux_fed2 Offline

warning: master_wakeup_timer_event: service public/pickup:

hi,

I upgraded our postfix server to postfix 2.2.2-3. After trying the new system, outgoing email could not be send it gives me an error:

Jan 24 14:15:59 dmz postfix/qmgr[10214]: 270E0235D0E: to=<user@mydomain.com>, relay=none, delay=0, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: deferred transport)
Jan 24 14:16:42 dmz postfix/master[4722]: warning: master_wakeup_timer_event: service public/pickup: No such file or directory

Any idea?

I'm using MailScanner, SpamAssassin and clamAV.

Thanks!
Old 24th January 2007, 01:54 PM
bananasfk Offline

1. are you chrooting ?
2. does your mail store thing exist/run in your upgraded config ?
Old 24th January 2007, 11:59 PM
linux_fed2 Offline

i figured it out, the old main.cf was causing the problem. thanks for the reply.

another problem that i'm encountering now is that, after the upgrade postfix was not sending the emails automatically. I have postfix and postfix.in since i'm using MailScanner for spam and virus scanning. i tried to isolate the problem by stoping MailScanner and using only one postfix and it work fine. is this a compatibility issue or a bug?

I add the defer_transports = smtp local virtual relay in /etc/postfix.in/main/cf and i disabled smtp service in /etc/postfix/master.cf.
Old 25th January 2007, 10:59 AM
bananasfk Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux_fed2
i figured it out, the old main.cf was causing the problem. thanks for the reply.
one down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux_fed2
another problem that i'm encountering now is that, after the upgrade postfix was not sending the emails automatically. I have postfix and postfix.in since i'm using MailScanner for spam and virus scanning. i tried to isolate the problem by stoping MailScanner and using only one postfix and it work fine. is this a compatibility issue or a bug?

I add the defer_transports = smtp local virtual relay in /etc/postfix.in/main/cf and i disabled smtp service in /etc/postfix/master.cf.
if your using multiple instances of postfix - (master.cf/main.cf x many) then check the mynetworks = line in all instances. To get amavisd to work i can send all inbound mail to port 10024 but I have to redefine 10025 as 10026 in the second instance fwiw.

It seems to work though

Tags
masterwakeuptimerevent, public or pickup, service, warning