Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 2nd January 2007, 02:10 PM
nhatch Offline

Is there such a thing.....

Hey,

This may not be the correct place to ask but every one seems to be so helpful here I'd thought I'd give it a go.

Does any one know of any thing that can send out calender updates to microsft outlook via FC5/6. It may be an addition to mailx or sendmail or even an additional perl module.

Been looking for quite a while with no real luck.

Many thanks

Neil
Old 2nd January 2007, 03:11 PM
BigWaxer Offline

I am not sure I understand what your trying to do... Are you trying to add calender events for outlook users?

Mozilla has some calender products... Sunbird and Lightning. Again not sure if thats what your looking for/asking.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird/
Old 2nd January 2007, 03:30 PM
stevea Online

I believe that the guys developing the "evolution" mailer were working on some tools to interface to the Microsoft Exchange, including the calendar features. I have no idea where that stands (but I'd love to know). Please someone.

FWIW I *HATE* OutLook. Which brown-shirted micrsoftie dictated that everyone must use the upper left corner of the page for favorite folders - I don't have favorites and I want this prime screen real-estate back. Why do I have to play games to see the actual headers ? The mail-sort features are arcane and ill conceived. Conceptually I like the calendar, but it's not intuitive. The screen layout seems to be fixed, and the app column to the left of mail-header column to the left of message means the message text region is too narrow. Font defaults bite it right off - readable but frilly and annoying.
Old 2nd January 2007, 03:53 PM
BigWaxer Offline

Not sure about evo, I used it back in the day. Use Tbird only cause I use it in windows as well.

Evo is a good app though

Last edited by BigWaxer; 2nd January 2007 at 03:55 PM.
Old 2nd January 2007, 04:41 PM
nhatch Offline

Hey all,

Just to clarify...

We've been creating an internal web tool for project and account mangers to request consultant time. What we want to have is something that will allow users to submit calender updates to consultatnts once all is confirmed and aprroved. We are all using Outlook calender (not my choice).

Most of the web app is being written in Python.

Cheers,

Neil
Old 2nd January 2007, 07:15 PM
BigWaxer Offline

convince them to use google calendar haha. Take the easy road I don't know of any apps that use python for web stuff. Some of the open source CMS's may be a way to look. Maybe Joomla, Drupal...Thats all php based tho.

Tags
thing