Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 16th December 2006, 07:48 PM
robitor Offline

FLASH not working in Firefox 2.0??

hey i have tried flash versions 7 and 9 and none of them work in firefox 2.0. they play youtube videos fine, but they cannot play myspace videos!. when they try to play myspace videos all you can hear is the sound. also there isn't any text on the player, when i go to people's myspaces and their profile songs play, i can't see what song is playing because there isn't any text. and on top of that on worldofwarcraft.com, the flash animation on top has black areas around it.
so here are my problems
-myspace videos won't play (only sound will play)
-myspace profile songs won't show any text
-worldofwarcraft.com won't show the flash thing on the top of the screen properly
please help!
Old 16th December 2006, 09:14 PM
whitesuit Offline

Flash 9 is beta, so some issues are expected. Can you provide some links to specific files you are having problem with?
Old 16th December 2006, 09:27 PM
robitor Offline

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...eoid=568931536
Old 16th December 2006, 10:03 PM
whitesuit Offline

I can hear and see the video you provided without any problems. I'm using Shockwave Flash 9.0 d78.
Go to this url: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer9.html and download the installer (2.48 Mb). Try with this version.
Old 16th December 2006, 10:25 PM
robitor Offline

ITS FIXED, i already have that version downloaded, but i moved my firefox folder to /usr/lib/ and now the flash plugin works! thanks for everyones help!

Tags
firefox, flash, working