Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Servers & Networking
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Servers & Networking Discuss any Fedora server problems and Networking issues such as dhcp, IP numbers, wlan, modems, etc.

Old 14th December 2006, 05:48 PM
FarmBoy Offline

Web and/or Mail Server setup process when using a Windows Server 2003 for DNS and IP

I am new to Fedora and I am attempting to use my FC5 box as a Web and Email server. I installed the FC5 box on my home network and it automatically started using my Windows Server 2003 server for DNS and DHCP pretty seamlessly, which was great. Now I would like to try my hand at administering a Web site and my own Email but I am not sure how to proceed. I have purchased a domain name, created the web site for the most part but I am not sure where to go from here. I need some info on the the process of getting and associating an IP address for my public domain name and also how do I link that public domain to my private domain. This is all pretty new to me. Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

Tags
2003, and or or, dns, mail, process, server, setup, web, windows