Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Servers & Networking
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Servers & Networking Discuss any Fedora server problems and Networking issues such as dhcp, IP numbers, wlan, modems, etc.

Old 1st December 2006, 11:07 PM
Racerdude Offline

Squirrelmail / Dovecot / Sendmail problem - ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.

Hello

I just installed Fedora Core 6 and I'm having problems with SquirrelMail. I'm using Squirrelmail/Dovecot/Sendmail and when I log into Squirrelmail and try to view any folder that contains any messages I get:

ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
Query: SORT (ARRIVAL) ISO-8859-1 ALL

Now, I've tried to disable server side sorting in Squirrelmail but that only leads to a new error message:

ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
Query: FETCH 1:* (FLAGS UID RFC822.SIZE INTERNALDATE BODY.PEEK[HEADER.FIELDS (Date To Cc From Subject X-Priority Importance Priority Content-Type)])

I'm using the default setup and IMAP mail is working. Using Thunderbird I can read email using IMAP. So the problem only appears when using Squirrelmail. I had the exact same setup in Fedora Core 5 and it was working perfectly. Same config files and everything.

Help!?

Last edited by Racerdude; 2nd December 2006 at 07:35 AM.
Old 2nd December 2006, 08:07 AM
Racerdude Offline

Okay, I noticed that doing a "rm -rf mail", deleting all my old mail, solved my problem. Did I have too many old messages or ones that were too big?

I'm not able to receive mail and see the mail inside the folders.

Tags
connection, dovecot, dropped, error, imap, problem, sendmail, server, squirrelmail