Interestingly enough, autofs5 is getting the auto.master from LDAP... My auto.master file already had +auto.master in it, and it is detecting the /home mount information from the LDAP entry.
However, it's not getting any further...
In other words, in LDAP, I've got ou=auto.master,dc=mydomain,dc=com. In that ou, I've got cn=/home with the automountInformation entry:
[code]ldap ldap.mydomain.com:ou=auto.home,dc=mydomain,dc=com[/cpde]
My existing auto.master just has +auto.master in it. I even went so far as to try updating /etc/sysconfig/autofs's DEFAULT_MASTER_MAP_NAME to be "ldap:ou=auto.master,dc=mydomain,dc=com". When autofs starts up, I see logged:
Code:
Apr 14 12:56:30 neuron automount[14044]: Starting automounter version 5.0.1-0.rc3.26, master map ldap:ou=auto.master,dc=mydomain,dc=com
Apr 14 12:56:30 myhost automount[14044]: using kernel protocol version 5.00
Apr 14 12:56:31 myhost automount[14044]: mounted indirect mount on /home with timeout 300, freq 75 seconds
Apr 14 12:56:31 myhost automount[14044]: ghosting enabled
So, it looks as if it starts the /home automount point, but any access to the /home mount point comes back as "No such file or directory" with a correspoding entry in /var/log/messages:
Code:
Apr 14 12:57:49 myhost automount[14044]: attempting to mount entry /home/testuser
Apr 14 12:57:49 myhost automount[14044]: lookup_init: lookup(ldap): failed to get query dn
Apr 14 12:57:49 myhost automount[14044]: failed to mount /home/testuser
I'm not entirely sure what the error "failed to get query dn" means, though.. and I am sure that is the key to the issue I am seeing..