Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 24th November 2006, 09:39 PM
ghell Offline

Connecting to WPA-PSK

This question has probably been asked a lot before but, as I couldn't find it on the first page of threads I'm asking again

I'm new to wireless networking in linux, I have put on the ipw2200 firmware version 3 and my wireless device appears as wireless not ethernet.. now I just have to connect to my router (Linksys WAG54G)

I'm using WPA Pre Shared Key, my SSID is on its default "linksys" (maybe not a good idea but oh well I should still be able to connect right?) on channel 11 - 2.462 GHz (FC6 "Wireless Device Configuration" lets me choose channels 1 to 14, but my router only goes 1 - 13.. whats up with that? Should I be trying different channels incase its shifted?)

How do I connect to my network?
Old 24th November 2006, 10:41 PM
Iron_Mike Offline

Check this thread out:

http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/sho...ght=wpa%2Fwpa2

Just a quick caveat, the 1st time it is set up, a dialog will pop up asking for the "default keyring manager" password. Set this password the same as the user password, not root's password just the users password. Then it will ask for the passphase which is then stored in the default keyring manager database.

Tags
connecting, wpapsk