I have tried everything I have seen to get this driver to work properly, but it doesnt seem to be fully functional.
The command # yum install kmod-nvidia # seemed to work just fine and has given me a working desktop resolution and many working video functions.
1) There is a problem with rendering some things (games) in full screen mode that causes my x server to restart.
2) xorg.conf is not working properly when I update it to the nVidia standards using their display settings utility
3) When I browse the 'OpenGL/GLX Information' tab in the display settings, x server restarts.
4) There is not an option to enable SLI anywhere
5) Trying to set up my other video card for my second monitor is useless and either does not apply with a restart of the x server or breaks my xorg.conf file.
*6) Wine does not seem to think there is a sufficient graphical package installed on linux to be made corectly. It gives me an error saying that the X11 driver is missing.
Any help on any of these subjects is greatly appreciated!
EDIT: Im using 2x XFX 7950GT-EE cards