Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 9th November 2006, 08:00 PM
Oli Offline

Question ?No driver found - FC6 installation?

Hello,
I get an error message when I try to install linux fedora core 6. The dvd do not seem to be detected when I boot from it... I get the install menu and I choose the graphical mode, then instead of getting the "check disk data" option, it show the language menu, then keyboard type and it finally ask me where the packages to be installed are, and I have to choose cd-rom, hard disk, http or ftp. I go for cd-rom and I get the message:

"No driver found
Unable to find any devices of the type needed for this installation type."

The installation then ask me to choose from a list of drivers or provide a driver disk (wich I dont have)

I'm new to linux environnement but I do have installed it a couple of times before, it simply dont want to work on my personnal computer... .

My computer is a seanix,
-core 2 duo E6600 (I downloaded the i386 version of linux but I tried the FC5 x84.64 also)
-intel 965gf motherboard
-Western digital sata hard drive
-samsung dvd-rw (recognized as "tsst corp cd/dvd sh-s182d" in BIOS) Ive looked around the net for linux drivers without succes.

The strangest thing is when I installed it in VMware virtual machine, no problems occured, with the exact same disk on the same computer.

do you linux gurus have a clue for me please?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Oli
Old 9th November 2006, 08:53 PM
Seve Offline
Retired Community Manager

Hello:
The next time you boot from the install disc and when it boots up from the disc ..
just hit enter
do not select any particular method and see if that changes things

Seve
Registered Linux User: #384977
.................................................. ............
See the Links below for more Help and those much wanted extras ... :)
Old 9th November 2006, 10:02 PM
Oli Offline

Thank Seve for the quick reply. I already tried to hit the enter key... im not familiar with linux, but every time I installed it, this was the normal procedure for me to hit enter at startup menu.
I also tried to type in kernel options offered for problems like "linux noprobe", "linux method=cdrom", "linux mediacheck" without succes.

I really need linux to work...
Any other advices?

Oli
Old 9th November 2006, 10:10 PM
nick.stumpos Offline

can you put the image on the hard drive, boot with the dc and then do a hard drive install
Old 20th January 2012, 03:01 AM
3dwin Offline

windows_7chrome
Re: ?No driver found - FC6 installation?

This is an extremely old post that I came across during my google searches for a solution to this very problem. Has this issue been resolved?
Old 20th January 2012, 03:10 AM
Dan Online
Administrator

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: ?No driver found - FC6 installation?

I'm sure this one was, so if you've got a new issue with F15~F16, please post a new thread. If your issue is actually with FC6, better make a thread in EOL about it.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
driver, fc6, installation